What is OPEN SOURCE?
Open source is the free sharing of technical information. Open source software is software with source code that is published and made available for users and other programmers to read, use and adapt for use in different projects. In production and development, open source as a development model promotes a universal access via a free license to a product’s design or blueprint, and universal redistribution of that design or blueprint, including subsequent improvements to it by anyone.
Open source code is generally created by groups of programmers collaborating. These programmers work together to improve the code and share the changes both publicly and within the community. Open source code often evolves through communities composed of individual programmers, as well as large companies.
Open source software solutions are quickly becoming the most popular type of software and software platform for enterprises of all sizes. The global open source software industry is one of the fastest-growing fields in the IT industries today!
7 Facts about Open Source Software
- In 1998, only 10% of organizations were using open source software (OSS); by 2011, more than 50% of organizations surveyed by Gartner, reported using open source software
- 62% of organizations reported using open standard application programming interfaces (APIs)
- There has been a 140% increase in interest in purchasing open source software over the past four years.
- Major companies around the globe are using open source technology, including Facebook, Google and more
- The global software market is worth close to $300 billion, with open source growing at an average yearly growth of 22%
- In 2012, Gartner reported that on average, 29% of deployed code was open source
- Gartner predicts that by 2015 at least 95% of mainstream IT organizations will leverage open source solutions within mission critical software deployments.
Clearly, open source software will continue to evolve and offer even more solutions that can be customized for specific business needs. Vienna Advantage has a substantial experience in this field and offers the richest open source ERP and CRM solutions in the industry in terms of features and scalability. Below you may find 19 reasons why we believe our open source business solutions are the right choice for your organization.
BONUS: 19 Reasons why you should switch to VIENNA Advantage Open Source Solutions:
- An extendable and open source architecture
- Inbuilt ERP Productivity Features including: Email, Calendar, Dashboards, Tasks, etc.
- Inbuilt Workflow Management System
- Inbuilt world-class Document Management System
- Multi-Lingual, Multi-Tenant, Multi-Organization, Multi-Accounting Schema, Multi-Currency, Multi-Units of Measurement (UoM)
- VIENNA Market proffers numerous add-ons
- Self-upgrade mechanism to the latest product version
- Web and Mobile based User Interfaces
- Fully Web Services based Architecture
- Extendable without Coding via Windows Composer and Report Writer
- Business Intelligence features
- Strong role-based security attributes
- Highly Scalable
- Ground-breaking Product Roadmap
- Numerous Industry Templates easily available
- Quick Implementation
- Extensive Support and Training
- Integrated with other popular systems such as CMS, eCommerce, BI and many more
If you are interested in finding the right ERP and CRM or Document Management open source software solutions for your organization, please contact us, or contact one of our partners to learn more. If you are a software and/or service provider company and you are interested in becoming our partner, please click here.